Tuesday, November 1, 2011

ASAP Rocky -LiveLoveA$AP Mixtape

Artist: ASAP Rocky
Title: LiveLoveA$AP
Release Date: 10/31/2011
My Rating: 

★★★★
I was hearing a lot about this mixtape, so I decided to a review on it.  It wasn’t until yesterday that I heard of ASAP Rocky to be honest with you. He has his own Houston-influenced sound, and the kind of swag that could only come from a young Harlem dude. He has that new school feel, that music you would zone out and smoke to. I have just started listening and he has already grasped my attention with songs such as “Peso”, “Wassup”, and “Brand New Guy” featuring Schoolyboy Q, which he killed.
The south definitely influenced his music, “Purple Swag”, “Get Lit” and “Trilla” have that southern Texas feel with the track being chopped and screwed and his flow over it. This bonus track was also dope, a matter of fact the whole project is dope. ASAP Rocky is definitely an artist to keep a look out for as he continues to make a name for himself. I highly suggest taking in this mixtape.

No comments:

Post a Comment