Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Bow Wow - I'm Better Than You Mixtape


Artist: Bow Wow
Title: I'm Better Than You
Release Date: 09/27/2011
My Rating: 
★★★



Bow Wow “Mr. 106 & Park” himself is back with another mixtape. First off I’ll say I don’t follow too much of Bow Wow’s music. But he has grown from the years as a rapper and an artist. He’s definitely not someone to continue sleeping on he’s been putting out a lot of freestyles and tracks. His work ethic and dedication really shows.
Right from the beginning I was feeling it, “Heaven” was fire and he held nothing back. I’m actually listening to it as I’m reviewing and I can’t stop nodding to this “What My Future Holds” track and singing the hook! But as quick as I was starting to like his mixtape, it changed by the third song. I’m not really feeling “Its Alive”, he had a few nice lines but I just didn’t like the context and the samples. But I guess its “Is What It Is”. I know all the smokers are going to be playing this “Mary Jane” track. More times I don’t like when some rappers user the auto tune, but Bow made it work on this song, so I can’t even hate. But I didn’t like the choice of him using it on back-to-back songs. He should’ve of just kept it to one song with auto tunes preferably not “On Some Other Sh*t” and “I Love P*ssy”.
To be brutally honest I wasn’t feeling any of the next songs on this mixtape but that’s just my personal preference. So far he has received 109,516 views and 54,365 downloads! So I still encourage those who haven’t listened to go download it.

No comments:

Post a Comment